Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What to do

Hey all, I will probably delete this post before too long because I really do not like depressing things but sometimes ya just gotta let it out. So those of you whom I talk to regularly know that Kaden just seems to have issues right? Like, random 104 degree temperatures occasionally even higher, or his sweats when he sleeps (he wakes up completely drenched from an two hour nap and no the room isn't too warm) his speech delay.......the list goes on and on and on......... well we are back at the dr's office today (Truston has strep whoopee) to see if there is anything going on with Kaden's persistant and ongoing cough and the puss (yes, gross, I know) coming out of his eye. Today, the doctor finally seems to realize that I don't just take the kid in whenever he has a sniffle and seems to take me seriously and brings up the fact that Kaden does have symptoms (how many, I don't know) of a very rare disease and gosh dang it, I don't even remember the name of it so I can look it up! She is going to look into what can be done for further testing, what fun. Now, before anyone thinks I am going to totally freak out about this, I'm not because we have gone through it before with testing of cystic fibrosis, celiac and so on and so forth and they have always come back negative but jeez what a hasle and I just wish we could figure out what is going on with my little guy. Well, that's been my week/day, now I just have to wait until my dr's appointment because yup, I have a really bad sore throat. Wanna bet if it's strep?

4 comments:

Court said...

Hopefully the Dr. can find out soon what is going on with K. It's no fun with a sick little one. HOpe you feel better soon.

Aundrea said...

oh, kayla, i'm soo sorry. when the kids are constantly sick, it makes it so hard. hopefully, the doctors will figure it out if there is something going on with kaden & hopefully sooner than later, for your sake & sanity! wish we lived closer so i could help ease your burden. love ya!!

The Colby's said...

That does not sound like any fun at all!!! I hope they can figure out what's up with your little guy!!! Then maybe you can have some idea as to what is going on. A 104 degree fever can't be good! Keep us posted!!

Stephanie Shumway said...

I'll take that bet- You HAVE STREP. By the way, when did we get so old? I didn't feel old until I saw your picture of your family sitting on the couch from NOV 07 and I thought wow, Kayla looks so young to have all those kids and husband packaged together on that couch ......and she's only a year younger than I am.... we are old, dude. I'm sure that didn't go down in writing the same way it sounded in my head and is now quite confusing, but the fact remains: we are old. Did you get an email from Tami?