Monday, April 14, 2008

Ode to a Dishwasher

It never tells me no,
It never says "I'm tired",
It washes dishes clean (enough),
So dishpan hands-You're Fired!
No more dishes piled high,
No more cracking, itching fingers,
When the evening meal is over,
In the kitchen, I'll not linger!
Appreciated now forever,
This appliance I adore,
Dishwasher you are my friend,
Without you, I'll live no more!

Ok, really, I know some people like washing dishes for reasons I cannot fathom (people like my mom and Erika come to mind, really, what are you thinking?) Do your hands not get dried out, or what? My hands after washing dishes everyday, all day, would feel like a thousand papercuts and they would look like it too! I mean, I love my washer and dryer too but it's my dishwasher that saves me from daily pain. If you have never lived without a dishwasher, don't. If you currently don't have a dishwasher, you have my upmost sympathy and my advise is MOVE!
Coming soon..........Ode to a washer and dryer, the dynamic duo!

5 comments:

For Petesakes said...

I agree Kayla.. I love my dishwasher too! Do you know how to change the color of the text? Sorry to keep bugging you now but I used to be able to but not with this new paper. Is there a way? My words aren't showing up. Thank you for telling me about the cutest blogs on the block.. I love them!

Erika said...

I too LOVE dishwashers- -wouldn't live with out one. But the rinsing before loading is so pleasurable & satisfying that even if I had one of those awesome, wash the entire cake off in 1 rinse, dishwashers, I think I would still rinse before loading.
As for your earthquake post, I'm with ya on that one. Luckily 2037 sounds so far away my heart has stopped racing since I read it.
Maybe we can be on vacation that week...

Aundrea said...

I am soo with you on this one. I didn't have a dishwasher growing up until I was 16. My mom always said, "Why BUY a dishwasher, when I have 5 FREE ones?" And for the first 2 years of marriage we didn't have one. Now, I won't even rinse my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I make Matt buy me the top of the line, just so I don't have to rinse. I know, i'm spoiled, but I think I deserve it!

Tina ♥ said...

You are so funny. But I agree. I just hate to unload it! Luckily I have Brad around for that.
I love your cute flower blog, by the way!

kjera said...

Hey Kayla I there with ya!