Sunday, November 16, 2008

Playin Hookie

Ok, so I'm keeping us all home from church today except for Trenton who thinks that there never is a good reason to miss church. Now, you may be wondering why I am keeping us home? Well, it's because of the crazy huge fire(s) burning as close to 4 miles away from us. The fires started out being two by they merged into one during the night. The air quality is terrible! I fear that Kaden's asthma will flare up plus Taryn already has a cough going on. I'm just being a mother hen I guess but when I look out the window and see the ash fluttering down in big chunks I know that staying inside is our ONLY option. Here are some pics that I took yesterday afternoon only about 3 hours after the fires started by us. These are pictures taken at 2 o'clock from our home and it looks like dusk outside. Plus that little orange dot is the sun. Scary times! Plus on a extra sad note. These fires consumed my favorite drive. Mom, Tina, that pretty drive I always brought you back to my place from the airport, you know, the one through the Canyon? Well, it's now all been burned. I am very sad.


5 comments:

Shara Kaufman said...

we are praying for you- this is so scary. :( :(

Tina ♥ said...

wow, that's crazy!!! Well, I hope they get them out soon. I also hope your kiddos are well! Keep me posted on the latest.
Teeee

Erika said...

eeek look at those pictures!
you guys have an air filter

lady said...

How scary!!!! I don't blame you for keeping them inside!---especially if Kaden has asthma! Good luck....we'll keep you in our prayers! BE CAREFUL!

Aundrea said...

oh kayla, i had no idea you are so close to the fires. you're in my prayers!