Saturday, February 9, 2008

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Hey everyone!
Ok, I am back! What a month this has been for our family! Never ever ever say that things can't get worse because as I have learned this past month, yes yes they can. So for you loyal Lucas readers out there my sincere apologies for the tardiness of my updating but I was always raised to the saying, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all and well, as you probably have guessed, it hasn't been a very nice month for us but things are starting to look up (slowly). Now that the ever ending sicknesses that we have experienced seems to have abated which was the hardest part of January, during which we found a new townhouse to rent and will be moving next Saturday. Yesterday as Trenton and I were deciding where we should start packing we discovered that our hot water heater had exploded and had a waterfall coming from the top so if anything was a clincher that it was time to move that was it. Two floods in two months is more than enough for me, I'm glad we rent. Our new townhouse is also two bedrooms but it has a two car garage and a......... drum roll please........... DISHWASHER! Plus washer and dryer hook ups! Let me tell you, having three small kids with no dishwasher or washer and dryer has made doing housework a never ending chore although Trenton has been fabulous about helping a lot! Also, our new place will be the first time that I will have ever had a master bedroom, so I am kinda excited about that. Ok, so for those of you who are interested in updates on the kids well, not much has changed with that. Truston has started sunbeams and on the most part he is liking it. Kaden still isn't talking so it is getting time to get him evaluated for speech delay, although his shrieking skills are beyond compare. Taryn is as adorable as ever and is getting closer everyday to sitting up all on her own. We do fear however that she may have a rice allergy so that isn't going to be fun. Well, that is some of the chaos that has been going on with us! Hopefully, we'll have some great news soon to post!

8 comments:

The Hann Family said...

Wow, sounds like a very eventful month. I am glad you are getting a better townhouse with dishwasher and washer/dryer hookups...that's priceless. The kiddos sound like they are doing well and you sound as though you have survived..good job!

Sommer said...

Hi Kayla & family...
It's Steve & Sommer from Alma 9th Ward! I jumped through some blogs and found you guys. What a cute little family. You have one kid up on us. We moved to Utah in Nov. and miss the AZ warmth.
Keep in touch!

Tina ♥ said...

Your life is so NOT boring! Congrats on the new place, good luck with the move! I am glad you are all starting to feel better, finally. I just knocked on some wood. (You know me). I have never heard Kaden's shrieking skills! I can't believe how fast Taryn is growing! Can't wait to see you guys in April.

Erika said...

Yay for a new post!!! I'm so glad to hear you're going to have the 3 luxuries in life...washer dryer & dishwasher.
It took 6 years of marriage for Tyler & I to get a washer/dryer. Now I'll never go back :-)
I can't believe all that stuff happened!!! How did Ann handle it? Oh my gosh, we should talk. This is too long of a comment with too many questions.
Where's the townhouse? Will you be staying in the ward? Do you need help moving?
Oh wait-I've got a baby shower on Sat but if you need help unpacking I can come up sometime...let me know.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU.
XXOO

Court said...

Sounds like an eventful month. It is good to have you back to the blogging world. I am sorry about the waterheater, that always seems to give out at the worst possible time. I am glad to hear that you are moving to a new townhouse, and with a master bath! Awesome! A mom ALWAYS needs her own bathroom. Good luck moving. Wish I was closer to help. Have a happy valentines day!

Aundrea said...

Yeah!! Kayla's back!! I've missed you! Sorry you've had such a bad month. Wish I was closer to help out. I hear ya with Kaden's shrieking. That's all Jarret does, with a few words thrown in there that no one can understand. We've had him in speech therapy for, I think, 4 months, and sometimes I wonder if it's doing any good. Here's to hoping they grow out of it. Can't wait to see pics of the new place, and a big HOORAY!! for a dishwasher! (and the washer & dryer)

LeAnne said...

Kayla!!!
Sorry to be so slow in responding!!! Thanks for dropping by my blog. It is great to be in touch again. You sound like you've been up to a lot lately. Hang in there. :)

Erika said...

So nice talking with you today!
I can't wait until your computer gets fixed (for several reasons :-)