Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It is Time



Hey everyone out there in blogger land. I know it has been an incredibly long time since I have posted. I would like to say that things have been really busy but to be honest, well, things HAVE been really busy. With taking kids to check ups and Kaden's speech therapy and only having one car and one afternoon a week to coordinate everything, life can be crazy, at least on Fridays :o) What about every other day of the week you might ask? Well, I don't really have a good answer for that except keeping the kiddos happy! That is definately a full time job and when the computer isn't in a convenient place to keep track of the kids at the same time as blogging well, let's just say I don't want them to have enough time to explore on their own and find the knives or clog the sink with the water on, enough said. Plus, I have found a new obsession other than the old computer for when the kids are in bed. That's right, I, that is in, Me, Kayla Hansen Lucas, have found a reason to actually LIKE excersize!! I look forward to participating in my nightly routine thanks now to the WII FIT. Really, I love it! Plus, I am feeling so much healthier and stronger although, I have only lost a few pounds so far, I have gained a lot of muscle and have I mentioned that I like doing it? I have always hated even the word exersize let alone doing any but now I find myself sneeking it in throughout the day when the kids aren't monopolizing the TV and then when they are in bed at night I go to town! So, speaking of the kiddos they are doing pretty great right now. Truston is registered for preschool starting on August 5th and is really excited about that. Kaden goes to speech therapy for an hour on Fridays and we call it his school and though he really loves it, I have only really noticed that he has learned how to fake burp. Ok, not really, he is actually make three "word" (I use word loosly) sentances. They sound more like different vowel sounds but hey, it's a start. Someday I will here the words "I love you, Mom!" come from his mouth, but until then I am happy with his random hugs that usually are from behind my knee that makes my leg buckle underneith me but hey, I love'm all the same. Taryn is growing by leaps and bounds. She says Mama, Dada, Baby, and BaBa for her bottle. Her hair is looking more strawberry than just blonde plus it looks like it may be very wavy if not curly! I tried to get pictures that show it but this is the best I got. She has the thickest hair of any of my kids at this age and I can't believe that she is going to be 10 months on the 27th!


Time is going by way too quickly! Let's see what else.........oh, yeah. Trenton decided to fulfill a lifelong dream of shaving his head. So I attached a pic. I actually love it. I think he looks tough but after all the comments he has received from classmates he thinks that he looks too mean so he's going to grow it back. We'll see.

I love Daddy!
Well, that the brief update and I will try to do better and keeping this updated. Especially for you Tina!!

4 comments:

Erika said...

Yay for FINALLY posting.
I miss you! Everyone looks so great (well, the people in the pictures look great) and the rest sound like they're doing great :-)
Hows school going? What term is he in now?
We miss you and want to plan a beach trip some time this summer.
Thanks for posting. DO IT MORE OFTEN!!!

Tina ♥ said...

Yeah you posted!! Taryn IS growing up so fast! I like the picture of you and her. I'm glad you are having so much fin with your wii. What a fun way to get moving! Even though this time of life is hard with little ones, you will later look back and treasure these days.

hansen family said...

Your kids are soooo cute!!! Gage and Chloe always want to look at your blog with me and see the kids =) hope you guys are doing well. Love you guys.

Aundrea said...

I was getting ready to call you one of these days, I probably still will. I'm glad you like the Wii fit so much. I've been wanting to get it, but not sure if it was going to be all it was cracked up to be. I think that will have to be my next investment once my gym membership runs out.

I can totally relate to your excitement over Kaden's "talking". Jarrett is getting better, but still a far cry from where he should be. But every new "word" makes me so proud.